pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Healthy happy Life

I believe that it is never too late to make positive changes in your life, and today I decided to do just that. I decided to live a healthier lifestyle, and it seems like I couldn't have picked out a better day!


I'm so glad I actually woke up early today because the weather was  gorgeous! It was sunny with a few clouds, so I decided to go out to the park that's near my apartment for a walk/jog.





On one side there is a jungle gym and on the other there is this big field, it's usually empty in the mornings except for a few people walking their dogs or exercising, and in the afternoons  there are kids playing different sports like soccer, football or croquet (yeah you read right!)


 I've always love running and for some reason I cannot stand running inside a gym on a treadmill, I feel trapped. So I'm more of an outdoor kind of girl, and this park is perfect for me! It's big, it's green and it has some pretty cool artwork :)
I think these two pictures came out awesome! I  love birds ( in fact I have a tattoo of a sparrow on my hip) so I thought I would take a picture of them. When I spotted them they were gathered on the ground but by the time I got closer they started to fly away, I still got a really good picture tho!
In order to keep up my new lifestyle I'm going to have to maintain a healthy weight by engaging in physical activity (either go for a run, the gym, or do zumba on the kinnect) and by eating a healthy diet! I would encourage everyone to do the same, not only will it benefit you in the short run but also in the long run! Think about it :)


                                                 

6 comments:

  1. I have been thinking a lot about being healthier lately too. To be honest, I have been putting it off until my new Nike shoes come in the mail (which SHOULD be any day now but it's literally taking for-ev-er. Three syllables to describe the longness haha). But I've been talking it up to myself for so long that once those beauties come in the mail I better be getting my butt into gear or I'll be majorly letting myself down!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been thinking about it for a while too, until I decided to stop thinking and start doing!

      I bought my nike's specifically for running and at first at did use them for a while then I stopped :( Hope you don't make the same mistake I did! Continue your path to a healthy living :)

      Delete
  2. I really should follow in your foot steps and do more exercise but i swear is i step outside at the moment i would die of cold. And that pretty much defeats the purpose of getting fit.
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl it is a 100+ degrees where I am! Just by stepping outside you start sweating like crazy and probably lose two pounds in a minute!

      Delete
  3. Yeah! Good for you!! That reminds me… I haven't been out of the house in a few days… maybe today I should go on a walk too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it wasn't for work I would probably do the same! But you need to go out and enjoy the beautiful things in life :)

      Delete